How to unlock Samsung phone forgot password. Smartphones have become an essential part of our daily lives. They are not only used for communication but also for storing highly valuable personal data.
However, at times, we might forget the password we set to protect our phones. This can be a frustrating experience, especially when we don’t want to lose important data stored in it.
But for Samsung phone users, there is a way to unlock a Samsung phone forgot password without losing data. In this article, we will explore this method in detail and see how it can be helpful in such challenging situations.
How to Unlock Samsung Phone Forgot Password
Samsung is one of the most popular smartphone brands globally, and they have developed advanced features to assist their users in tough situations.
One of these features is SmartThings Find, which can be used to unlock a Samsung phone forgot password without losing data. However, there are certain requirements that need to be met before you can unlock a locked Samsung phone using this feature.
Unlock Your Samsung Phone with SmartThings Find
- Make sure your Samsung phone is powered on. If your phone is off, you won’t be able to use this feature.
- Ensure that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network. This is crucial because you will be using another device to unlock your phone through SmartThings Find.
- Make sure you have registered your Samsung account on your Samsung phone and activated the Remote unlock feature.
If, particularly, the third requirement is not met, you will have to resort to a factory reset of your Samsung phone. See how to unlock a Samsung phone with a forgotten password via Factory Reset in another article.
How to Unlock Samsung Phone Forgot Password Without Factory Reset
After confirming the three crucial points mentioned above, you are ready to unlock your Samsung phone forgot password without a factory reset. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open a browser on another device, such as a laptop or tablet, and access the SmartThings Find website through the link https://smartthingsfind.samsung.com/login?. Ensure that you are using a device connected to the internet.
- Enter your Samsung account details, such as email address and password, and click the “Next” button to proceed.
- Once you have logged into your Samsung account, you will be directed to the SmartThings Find page. Here, you will see a list of devices connected to your account, including the locked Samsung phone.
- Locate your Samsung phone in the list of devices and click the “Unlock” icon next to it.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to unlock your phone. Click the “Unlock” button again to proceed.
- After that, you will be asked to enter your Samsung account password as an additional security measure. Enter your password and click the “Next” button.
- Wait for a few moments while SmartThings Find performs the “Unlocking your phone” process. This process may take several minutes, depending on your internet speed and your phone’s signal quality.
- Once the process is complete, your Samsung phone will be unlocked without requiring a PIN, password, or passcode. You can now access all the data and apps on it as usual.
Unlocking a Samsung phone that has a forgotten password without losing data and without a factory reset can be done using a feature called SmartThings Find. However, it’s important to note that this feature is only available to Samsung phone users and requires a good internet connection. Additionally, ensure that you have registered your Samsung account on your phone and activated the “Remote unlock” feature before you lose access to your phone.