How to check if song is copyrighted. In today’s digital era, platforms such as YouTube and TikTok have become popular places for users to share their creative content. One important element in the content is the use of music.
However, we often do not realize that the use of unauthorized music can violate copyright and get serious legal consequences. Therefore, it is important for us to know the copyright of music before uploading it to these platforms.
The Importance of Checking Music Copyright Before Uploading on YouTube
Knowing the copyright of music is an important step in keeping the content we share on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok legal. When we use copyrighted music without permission, we can violate the rights of the owner of the music.
This can negatively impact us as content creators, such as having our videos removed or our accounts being banned. In addition, we can also get lawsuits and large fines.
Free Music Copyright Checker: CapCut
Luckily, there are many apps and online sites that can help us check music copyright before uploading it to platforms like YouTube and TikTok. One popular application is CapCut.
CapCut is a video editing app that also provides a feature to check music copyrights. In this app, we can do a search to find out whether the song we want to use is copyrighted or not. CapCut will automatically display information about the song’s copyright.
How to Check If Music Has a Copyright Using the CapCut App
How to check whether a music has copyright using the CapCut app is quite easy and practical. Here are the steps:
- Add music that is at least 1 minute long to your project in CapCut. You can use music from the CapCut library or import music from your own device.
- Once the music has been added, open the Audio menu in the CapCut app. Usually, the button to open the Audio menu can be found at the bottom of your project’s timeline.
- In the Audio menu, find and tap the Copyright Check option.
- Wait a few seconds for the checking process to be carried out by the CapCut app. This check will check whether the music you add is copyrighted or not.
- If the music you add is copyrighted, CapCut will display a selection of replacement music that is similar but free of copyright. You can select any of these options to replace copyrighted music.
- If the music check status shows “Passed“, it means the music you added is free of copyright and you can upload it to platforms like YouTube without any problems.
How to check if music is copyrighted or not before uploading it on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok can use a free copyright checker app called CapCut. In this way, content creators can continue to share their creativity safely and contribute to the digital world with high ethics and integrity.